On 23 February 2017, Group for Legal and Political Studies (GLPS) and Prishtina Institute for Political Studies (PIPS) organized the third informational conference on the Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA) in the Municipality of Peja. Gathering more than 20 participants from Peja region, municipal officials and civil society had the chance to discuss the objectives, benefits and obligations deriving from this Agreement, with a special focus on the obligations, policy planning, monitoring and reporting on the municipal level. In addition, participants agreed that the SAA is of utmost importance for Kosovo and its citizens contributing to the path towards the European Integration. This is the third informational conference held under the framework of project entitled “Promoting the Stabilization Association Agreement and launching a public-discourse for Kosovo’s European Future”, financed by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kosovo.
- Ms. Leonora Kryeziu – Executive Director, PIPS;
- Mr. Gazmend Muhaxheri – Mayor of Peja Municipality;
- Ms. Venera Ramaj – Rule of Law Advisor, the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Kosovo;
- Ms. Katerina Lopo – Policy Officer, EU Office in Kosovo/ EU Special Representative;
- Ms. Albana Merja – Research Fellow, Group for Legal and Political Studies;
- Mr. Ilir Mucaj – Head of Division, Environment, Energy and Transport, Ministry of European Integration.
Venue: Hotel Dukagjini, Peja, Kosovo.